As we head into the long weekend here in Australia (well most of it I think that one of the states isn’t), I have finished one quarter of the centre of the Modern Medallion that I rather impulsively decided to try out.
I was really hesitant to begin this quilt. I really loved the look of the original one, but I wanted something that I could use up my current stash (which I have pulled into one place and consolidated into plastic tubs sorted according to colour… which realistically is the ‘fabric pull’ for this… as an aside I was thinking that this quilt would take up much of my “holy fabric” and that I would be able to justify shopping again at the end of this… hmmm… ahhh…. no.).
As for the how of this baby. I haven’t foundation pieced in many moons, so actually doing it again was a challenge – loved it. I was delayed slightly because I wanted to get some tracing paper which I can remember using in the past, but finding the time to get to Officeworks turned out to be a bigger challenge than anticipated. Then I remembered that I actually work at a university and went to the bookshop and they had exactly what I wanted. Excuses gone.
I find that it comes out really easily and is stable when I need it to be… but the flip-side of that is that when I stuffed it up (twice) I needed to redraw the foundation as they didn’t survive me.
As for the curves…. I managed to sew it all on my machine (Insert happy dance around the house)…
Now for three more of them… when I get back from my weekend away in Sydney.
Very happy 🙂